Chief Strategy and Member Engagement Officer
The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) is conducting a search for the position of Chief Strategy and Member Engagement Officer (CSMEO) to be based in central Florida, ideally Tampa or Orlando area. This is a new position that will help launch a new office location to further develop the central Florida market for FICPA. Sterling Martin Associates has been retained to assist with this search.
FICPA serves as the association for all Certified Public Accountants in the state. Founded in 1905, the FICPA has been working to advance the accounting profession in Florida for more than 100 years and now has more than 19,500 members. Continued membership growth and renewal has made the FICPA one of the largest CPA organizations in the United States. FICPA operates with an annual budget of nearly $8.6 million and a staff of 35. In addition, the FICPA is joined in serving the CPA profession in Florida through the FICPA Scholarship Foundation and the FICPA Political Action Committees.
FICPA leadership consists of the Board of Directors, Council, and Chapter leaders. The Board of Directors includes the FICPA chair, chair-elect, 9 directors and the FICPA President/CEO, who serves as the secretary-treasurer (non-voting). The Board implements the Council’s policies and oversees the Institute’s activities under the direction of the CEO. FICPA’s headquarters is located in Tallahassee, FL along with the Government Affairs Office. The CSMEO will work closely with the CEO and other FICPA staff from the central Florida location. For more information on FICPA, please visit http://www.ficpa.org.
Chief Strategy and Member Engagement Officer
The CSMEO will report to FICPA’S President and CEO and serve as part of the Executive Leadership Team along with the CEO and the COO. The CSMEO will manage overall a team of 16 through two Director level reports. The CSMEO will assist the President and Chief Executive Officer with development, communication, execution and sustainment of FICPA strategic initiatives. The Chief Strategy and Member Engagement Officer will be responsible for maximizing revenue streams from membership recruitment and retention and continuing education program sales; maximizing membership retention, participation and dues payment; oversight and guidance of the development of innovative marketing strategies targeted at promoting products, member benefits, and leading the continuing education business line to viability; and developing lifecycle for current and projected programs. Frequent travel and conference attendance will be required.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The CSMEO will:
- Work closely with the President/CEO to develop and implement strategic initiatives, goals and outcomes.
- Increase membership revenue utilizing innovative programs including direct sales approach.
- Analyze internal and external data relative to membership dues and education sales statistics in order to determine business growth potential and direction.
- Seek out and target new opportunities for business development and revenue streams.
- Manage and motivate department leaders to ensure that revenue generation meets or exceeds budgeted targets as well as the expectations of leadership.
- Create a collaborative team environment.
- Establish and monitor goals for department leaders.
- Establish and monitor performance expectations for departments.
- Work closely with and in conjunction with the goals and expectations of the FICPA Board and Executive Leadership.
- Initiate and maintain professional relationships with senior level members and representatives.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to members and executive leadership designed to communicate products and results of operations.
- Work closely with rotating volunteer leadership, keeping them abreast of all strategic initiatives and accomplishments within the membership and learning business revenue lines.
Ideal Background & Experience | Qualities & Characteristics
Successful candidates will be expected to present the following qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field.
- Ten years of experience at an executive level directing operations, sales, membership or business strategy and product development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of membership development and engagement, marketing of membership benefits or products and sales mindset a strong plus.
- Knowledge of association management and membership-based organizations is a plus. Experience in serving members of a profession and sales/development of services or products in a professional environment preferred.
- High level skills in writing and editing, planning and coordination of numerous tasks, and using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, sales contact management software, and the internet.
- The ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing, perform under time constraints and pressures, and work independently.
- Proven leadership ability to positively influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with team approach.
Compensation & Benefits | Availability
A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume (Microsoft Word® format preferred) to [email protected]. A well-written cover letter, outlining how your experience fits the requirements of the position, will be an important factor in considering your candidacy.
FICPA is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to inclusion and cultural diversity in the workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual preference, genetic information or any other protected class.
For more information, contact:
Sterling Martin Associates
1025 Connecticut Avenue | Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
David S. Martin | Managing Partner
Katherine Carter | Senior Executive Recruiter