Senior Executive Recruiter
Sterling Martin Associates, a national, retained executive recruiting firm with offices in Washington, DC; New York; Chicago; Portland, OR; and Orange County, CA, is seeking an enthusiastic, proactive executive recruiter. This is a full-time position with a strong preference for candidates in the Washington, DC, and/or Annapolis, MD, area though you will work primarily from a home office.
The Executive Recruiter is responsible for making initial telephone contact, presenting client opportunities, and qualifying potential candidates through telephone interviews. Sterling Martin’s experienced research team provides candidates’ contact information to our recruiters for follow up. The Executive Recruiter also seeks candidate referrals to supplement the work of the research team. The Executive Recruiter then professionally and appropriately presents candidate backgrounds to our clients for their review and feedback.
This job does not require new client/business development; however, bonuses will be paid for any client organizations that are developed through the course of your work. You will be primarily focused on contacting potential candidates, presenting job opportunities to them, and screening them against the position requirements.
- Contact potential candidates via telephone and e-mail from research provided and from your own research and networking.
- Utilize tools such as LinkedIn in advance of phone calls.
- Partner closely with our Research Associates who are responsible for identifying the name and contact information of potential candidates.
- Screen, qualify, and interview potential candidates via telephone.
- Expand sourcing by seeking referrals to other potential candidates.
- Present candidate backgrounds to our clients, who are generally accomplished executives and professionals in their fields.
- Five or more years of experience in executive recruiting with a search firm or in corporate recruiting. Experience recruiting for executive and C-level positions.
- Knowledge of associations or nonprofit organizations highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- No fear of making phone calls.
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn.
- Experience working for a retained search firm is a plus.
- Understanding of behavioral interviewing a plus.
- A “detective” mentality. You love to search out and find the perfect candidate.
- A persuasive, outgoing personality and well-honed telephone presentation skills.
- Technically competent. Ability to use or learn such tools as Google Drive, ZOOM and Microsoft Office products such as Word.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently on projects and as a member of a team.
- High level of initiative, strong drive to succeed, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, advanced degree a plus.
- A current location in the greater Washington, DC, area is highly desired to help facilitate meetings with the CEO, our team, and with clients.
All information will be held confidential.
Please send a resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected].
Sterling Martin Associates is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to inclusion and cultural diversity in the workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class.