Watch the entire 2023 Executive Excellence Webinar Series below.
The Next Frontier: AI and ChatGPT in Association Management
Explore the transformative potential of generative AI applications, including ChatGPT, for associations. Discusses the history of AI, current innovations and impact of generative AI on association management, and practical strategies for leveraging AI tools to enhance and empower your association.
○ David Martin, CEO, Sterling Martin Associates
○ Rebekah Stacha, CEO, Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering ○ Michael Jones, Vice President, Mobile Technologies at Results Direct ○ Khánh Vũ, CEO, Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers
Diversifying Non-dues Revenue: Strategies for Growing Education Programs and More
A discussion on how associations are driving revenue through educational programming and other initiatives. Brian Glade, VP of Client Services at Sterling Martin Associates, is joined by a panel of association executives who share their success stories and tips for creating agile, innovative, and profitable services.
○ Brian Glade, Vice President of Client Services, Sterling Martin Associates
○ Diane Enos, Executive Director/Chief Learning Officer, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
○ Marie Ternieden, Chief Operating Officer, American Society of Human Genetics
○ John Torres, Federal Government Relations, Agriculture, and Environment, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
Leading for High Performance in a Virtual Setting
A panel discussion on tips and best practices to hire, onboard, and inspire staff in a remote or hybrid setting. Each panelist shares tips they use on a daily basis and for long-term strategic success.
○ Karen Lombardo, Vice President of Search Operations, Sterling Martin Associates
○ Lakia Elam, Principal, Magnificent Differences Consulting, LLC
○ Cassandra Isidro, Chief Executive Officer, Amputee Coalition
○ Tamara Walker, Chief People Officer, Inteleos
DEI: Why it Should Remain at the Forefront for Association Executives
What’s the next chapter for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)? A panel discussion on how association executives continue to assess, advocate for, and implement DEI solutions into their organization. Participants will learn how to identify and strategically address DEI shortcomings in order to make their association stronger.
○ Damarys Albino, Vice President, Sterling Martin Associates
○ Amy Pitter, President and CEO, Massachusetts Society of CPAs
○ Anna Polyak, CEO, Society of Surgical Oncology
○ Vani Ungapen, Executive Director, American Association of Law Libraries
In Search: Resume, Profile and Brand
Career experts provide insights on what recruiters and search committees are looking for in their quest for the best candidate for the job. Resumes and LinkedIn profiles will be the emphasis during the discussion that will also allow for ample time for questions and answers.
○ Dan Borschke, Client Partner, Sterling Martin Associates
○ Laura Labovich, Principal, The Career Strategy Group
○ Sharon Beatty, Senior Executive Recruiter, Sterling Martin Associates
○ Susan Scott, Senior Executive Recruiter, Sterling Martin Associates
First-Time Executive Directors/CEOs: New Perspectives
Covers how to prepare for the executive leadership role, how to develop a personal onboarding plan, what challenges you can expect, and tips for success along with pitfalls to avoid.
○ Brian J. Glade, Vice President of Client Services, Sterling Martin Associates ○ Erica Holland, Executive Director, The American Society of Breast Surgeons ○ Dan Ignaszewski, Executive Director, National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research ○ Jacqualine Price Osafo, Executive Director, Society of American Archivists
How Is Your Association Addressing Hybrid Work, Cultural Shifts, and New Norms?
Discusses the need for associations to accommodate expectations that reflect the “new normal.” What leaders can do to retain and support staff, build new capacities, and create a sense of stability and belonging during a transformational and uncertain time.
○ David Martin, CEO of Sterling Martin Associates ○ Katrina Holland, CEO of the American College of Nurse Midwives
○ Sheri Sesay-Tuffour, PhD, CAE, ICE-CCP, CEO of the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
Washington DC Office:
1025 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036 View All Offices