Chief Executive Officer
Allinial Global (AG) is conducting a search for their Chief Executive Officer. Allinial is a 501 (c) (6), global membership association of independent accounting and consulting firms. Founded in 1969, AG has a mission to foster the independence, profitability, and continuous improvement of its members. Allinial has almost 200 member firms with 538 locations in 72 countries. Among accounting firm associations, Allinial is the third largest according to rankings by the International Accounting Bulletin (IAB). The combined revenue of Allinial members firms is about $3.3 billion representing over 22,000 staff and over 4,000 firm partners. AG’s headquarters are in the Atlanta, GA area. This position may be based in Atlanta or work virtually from another city in the U.S. or internationally. Frequent international travel is required.
AG member firms share education, marketing resources, and technical knowledge in a wide range of services and sectors. Allinial’s revenue is around $8 million with a staff of about 30.
The CEO reports to the Allinial Global Executive Board and works closely with three regional boards for the Americas, EMEIA (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa) and APAC (Asia Pacific). S/he will be responsible for developing business strategies for the association to advance the strategic vision as outlined by the Board. The CEO will develop and lead a high performing management team to grow the association, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability. Sterling Martin Associates has been retained to assist with this search.
For more information on Allinial Global, please visit www.allinialglobal.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities for the Allinial CEO include the following:
- Develops business strategies for the association to advance the short and long-term objectives of the strategic vision as outlined by the Board of Directors
- Develops and leads a high performing management team to grow the association, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability
- Oversees all operations and business activities for the Atlanta office
- Oversees the market directors in each region
- Recruits new staff members when necessary
- Builds relationships with member firms with a focus on member satisfaction and retention
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders in the accounting industry
- Represents the association and attends association and industry events globally
- Assists in global new member recruiting
- Works with the finance team to develop budgets, reviews financial and other reports to ensure financial objectives are on track and reports to the Board of Directors
Requisite Qualifications, Characteristics, and Experience
The ideal qualifications for the Allinial Global CEO position include deep knowledge of the accounting profession. Candidates may be, or have been, in a Managing Partner or another senior leadership role in an accounting or consulting firm. Alternatively, executive experience in an association for accounting professionals/firms is desired. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant or similar designation is a strong plus. Experience in client/business development for an organization is desired.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Knowledge of the global accounting industry
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Sound business and financial management skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Comfortable in diverse cultural settings
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus
A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current résumé (Microsoft Word® format preferred) to [email protected]. A well-written cover letter, outlining how your experience fits the requirements of the position, will be an important factor in considering your candidacy.
Allinial Global is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to inclusion and cultural diversity in the workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual preference, genetic information, or any other protected class.
For more information, contact:
Sterling Martin Associates
1025 Connecticut Avenue | Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
David S. Martin | Managing Partner
Manmeet Sing Fox | Senior Consultant