Marketing, Communications, and Digital Experiences
ConnexFM, the authority on retail and multi-site facilities management, is conducting a search for its Vice President of Marketing, Communications, and Digital Experiences. The VP is responsible for developing the Association’s overall marketing, communications, and digital experience strategies and executing them on behalf of the Association for its membership and external audiences. This role requires a MarCom professional with expertise that includes technical marketing acumen, design and branding skills, and a member-centric orientation. The right candidate will be a marketing thought leader with a track record of successfully creating strategies to align and optimize all aspects of an organization’s marketing plan, seamlessly integrating digital marketing tools, platforms, and channels to enhance the organization’s branding, messaging, content, and penetration. Mastery of a variety of marketing techniques is required, as the VP will be overseeing marketing planning and implementation across numerous verticals for all aspects of association MarCom, including membership engagement, prospect development, and event marketing. The VP must have experience managing stakeholders’ expectations and team members’ work assignments to align the strategy and objectives to support existing and new opportunities in digital experience. This VP role is an opportunity to work closely with a highly engaged and supportive team of talented Board volunteers and staff executives within an innovative professional association environment.
ConnexFM is the leading membership organization for facility managers and supplier professionals. Established in 1995, the ConnexFM community values are founded on a spirit of innovation, resourcefulness, the quest for knowledge, and ethical business relationships. Members depend on ConnexFM to help them achieve greater success and a competitive advantage through quality programs and resources. It employs a staff of approximately 20 and has a budget in the $6M range.
As Connex is headquartered in Irving, TX, the preferred candidate for the VP of MarCom and Digital Experiences will be able to work in the offices at least three days per week. Remote candidates will be considered if they commit to working regularly in the Irving offices, at least a few days per month.
About ConnexFM’s Members
ConnexFM has approximately 750 member companies. It welcomes multi-site facilities management companies, as well as supplier companies and professional service members, such as architects and engineers, from the United States, Canada, and around the globe.
About ConnexFM’s Work
ConnexFM empowers facilities management professionals with best practices, benchmarking, education, discussion forums and trusted partnerships. The association helps its supplier members build relationships and network with a dynamic and trusted member community.
Structure of ConnexFM
ConnexFM is led by an 11-member Board of Directors. Its activities are supported by a number of councils, committees, and task forces that are focused on issues of interest to ConnexFM members.
The VP of MarCom & Digital Experiences Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Strategies: Develop the roadmap and vision for all things digital while making optimal use of the association’s existing digital tools and staying abreast of new technology; own the associated cross-functional execution plans; and manage engagement and communications. Prioritize the improvement of accessibility across all digital products.
- Plan and oversee Association digital transformation initiatives, including the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of people, processes, and technology.
- Establish and promote the digital strategy of an adaptive connexfm.com that delivers on a diverse set of business and member/non-member needs.
Digital Implementation: Guide the entirety of the planning/design process through its completion by presenting to stakeholders and working seamlessly with developers to ensure accurate implementation. Develop cohesive design and experience throughout ConnexFM’s digital ecosystem, guiding and mentoring others as needed.
Content Strategy/Planning: Spearhead Association content strategies, thought leadership and messaging including content for product/program launches, member communications, prospect/vertical campaigns, etc. Work closely with leadership and staff to define issues and target audiences. Identify thought leaders and subject matter experts within the Association and membership to actively build the credibility of ConnexFM and the industry.
Marketing/Communication (MarCom): Develop MarCom strategies over multiple channels and dynamically grow all digital aspects.
Channel Planning & Mapping: Build customer journeys, identify pain points and opportunities to envision brand experiences across web, mobile, and other emerging interfaces/technologies.
Brand Awareness: Monitor/Maintain the integrity and communication of the ConnexFM brand. Champion brand standards and ensure standards are consistent to exemplify the Association’s values and build awareness.
Public Relations: Execute a public relations strategy to broaden reach and brand awareness, particularly in thought leadership, to external audiences (media, analysts, suppliers, etc.) and coordinate with outsourced consultants.
Revenue Building: Manage advertising channels for the Association and identify new digital opportunities for revenue growth.
Financial: Assume responsibility for departmental budgets, staying within budget, meeting revenue project goals, analyzing data and communication effectiveness.
Management: Develop and lead staff of three marketing professionals to produce results in alignment with strategic marketing objectives.
Outsourced Services/Relationships: Manage relationships with consultants and other service providers. Drive and maintain strategic relationships with partners in marketing, technology, and communications.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability in marketing, digital strategy, planning, and financial skills.
- 5+ years in Digital Marketing and/or Customer Relationship Management that includes leadership and team-building experience. Ability to lead a proactive organization and ensure accountability for results that improve contribution to business objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of digital experience tools, including web, social media, content marketing, CRM, CMS, and marketing automation.
- Strategic Expertise: Ability to synthesize feedback from multiple sources (member feedback, social media, community comments, users, press) to distill key community needs. A track record of gaining leadership buy-in, tightly managing a diverse array of communications projects, and turning around deliverables on a tight timeline.
- Organizational Mindset: Promote an optimization mindset, initiating a continuous release approach to improving key site elements (registration, downloads, etc.) to drive incremental revenue.
- Technological Mindset: A system-thinker with a strong background or practiced expertise in service design and UX methods, supported by knowledge of technology platforms and SEO.
- Analytics: Excellent analytical and communication skills, particularly the ability to analyze data and use it to communicate performance and identify opportunities.
- Management/Teamwork: An approachable manager with a strong history of team oversight and talent development; known to coach, educate and grow junior talent. A team leader and relationship builder who can provide an authoritative point of view with senior clients, while fostering partnership and collaboration with Association membership and its partners.
- Industry Knowledge: Must have an interest and aptitude for understanding the facilities management industry.
- Project Management: Develops project plans, coordinates projects, and communicates changes and progress.
- Organizational Skills: Possesses good organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills with good spelling, proofreading and grammatical skills.
- Travel required: 25% annually; must have the ability to travel overnight to offsite meetings.
Personal Qualities and Competencies
- Flexibility: An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational, and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
- A courageous leader who engages in the thoughtful, difficult conversations needed to guide an organization toward achieving its mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work across a wide spectrum of constituents and enable the development of trusting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Candidates from historically underrepresented and marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume (Microsoft Word® format preferred) here. The cover letter should outline how your experience fits the requirements of the position as this will be an important factor in considering your candidacy.
Sterling Martin Associates is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.