Director of Communications
Sterling Martin Associates, a highly regarded executive recruiting firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago, Portland, OR, and Orange County, CA, is seeking a Director of Communications. Our continuing growth necessitates the hiring of a full-time Director, who will be responsible for preparing and editing key documents used during executive search engagements with our clients.
The Director serves a critical role and is involved in our executive search process from start to finish, with a high level of client interaction. The Director will be responsible for developing proposals, as well as creating and editing a number of mission critical reports that we prepare for our clients. The individual also writes content (blog posts, case studies, and other items) for the firm’s website, newsletter, and social media accounts.
This is a full-time position which will require a high level of initiative, collaboration and organization. This position is virtually based working from a home office and may be based anywhere in the U.S., however, our executive team is located in the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area, therefore, being located in this area would facilitate occasional in person meetings.
- Support the proposal development process by conducting research on new potential clients, coordinating RFP discussions with those organizations, and drafting proposal segments.
- Draft position descriptions in concert with client stakeholders. Manage versioning, finalize document and obtain client approval.
- Create position announcements and other search kickoff materials. Disseminate to appropriate staff members.
- Attend due diligence Zoom calls with client and capture the content of those calls into a summary report for discussion with the client. Consolidate results of staff and other stakeholder surveys for inclusion in summary report as needed.
- Plan and draft content for the firm’s website, newsletter, and social media accounts.
- Interact with content publishers such as CEO Update for position and placement announcements.
- Edit candidate biographies and other associated reports.
- Compile search summary documents and status updates for client use.
- Create and maintain library of document templates.
- Supervise the work of contracted social media resource.
- Create other written materials as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, advanced degree a plus.
- Five plus years of experience in business communications, writing, or editing.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of associations or nonprofit organizations highly desirable.
- Technically competent. Ability to use or learn such tools as Google Drive, ZOOM, Slack and Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with social media and Word Press.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently on projects and as a member of a team.
- High level of initiative, strong drive to succeed, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent research and organization skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected]. Writing samples will be requested if there is mutual interest. All information will be held confidential.