Director of Research and Talent Acquisition
Sterling Martin Associates, a national, retained executive recruiting firm with offices in Washington, DC; New York; Chicago; Portland, OR; and Orange County, CA, is seeking an experienced executive recruiter and candidate sourcer. We are seeking an individual who is up to date on the latest trends in executive-level and diversity recruitment. You should be a self-starter who takes initiative and is capable of working as part of our high-performing team supporting client organizations, which are national and international membership associations and nonprofit organizations. This position is virtual, and work may be done from a home office based anywhere in the Continental US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a pipeline of association/nonprofit executive talent.
- Use a variety of sourcing methods (e.g., LinkedIn, affinity groups, social media) to build an always-on, diverse pipeline.
- Develop target organization criteria and lists from appropriate sectors, geographical areas, etc. to be researched for potential candidates.
- Identify contact information for potential candidates.
- Gain a deep understanding and knowledge base of the association and nonprofit sectors and candidates residing within.
- Think strategically and act proactively to fill current needs; identify pools of talent for unique, competitive, or difficult-to-fill roles.
- Collaborate closely with and provide support to Senior Executive Recruiters to identify top talent by executing on desired sourcing strategy.
- Work with VP of Search Operations to maintain clear understanding of all current and potential openings. Deliver the quality and quantity of candidates to support open requisitions within reasonable and requested time frames.
- Participate in intake/search kick-off meetings and partner with the Senior Executive Recruiter staff to understand the search parameters and business needs.
- Conduct initial candidate outreach via e-mail.
- Create and follow through on firm’s diversity recruiting initiative, becoming a subject matter expert and resource for our recruiters.
- Maintain candidate database.
- A minimum of 5 years of talent sourcing experience gained in an executive recruiting, staffing firm, or other professional environment. Seeking a proven history of researching, identifying, and building quality talent pipelines.
- Experience managing multiple searches and competing demands through strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Experience and/or certification on diversity recruitment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; graduate degree in a relevant field a plus.
- Ability to build deep knowledge and insight of candidate pools in sector.
- Ability to work creatively, effectively, and productively utilizing a variety of tools and resources to support sourcing strategies for identifying difficult-to-find, viable candidates.
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple talent searches based on business needs.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to adapt both for audience.
- Excellent listening skills; ability to synthetize information from multiple stakeholders and work independently to supply appropriate candidates.
- Intellectually curious, with a desire to learn and become a subject matter expert.
- Naturally proactive, quality driven, and an ownership mentality.
- Agile and effective in a fast-paced role and culture.
Please send a resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected].
Sterling Martin Associates is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to inclusion and cultural diversity in the workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class.