VP, Finance & Administration/CFO
The National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) is conducting a search for a Vice President of Finance & Administration/CFO (CFO) to lead the 501(c)(6) trade association’s financial and administrative operations. The CFO oversees the financial health of the organization, including the safeguarding of assets. As a member of the Senior Staff Team, the CFO reports to the President & CEO (CEO) of NPCA and will assume responsibility for the direction and success of the Finance Department’s staff of four professionals.
About National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA)
NPCA provides the precast concrete industry with leadership by promoting the use of quality precast concrete across all markets, addressing industry challenges, and developing opportunities for member success. As the industry’s trusted resource and voice, manufacturers of plant-produced precast concrete products and industry suppliers rely on NPCA for support, educational opportunities, industry connections, and information. NPCA’s plant certification is the gold standard in precast concrete certification, and its publication, Precast Today, keeps industry professionals up to date by providing industry outlooks, government updates, and precast concrete case studies. The Association’s trade show attracts approximately 5,000 attendees annually. NPCA is based in Carmel, IN, and has members in all 50 states, 11 Canadian provinces, and several other nations. The Association employs a total staff of 24 and its revenue tops $9M annually.
The Vice President, Finance & Administration/Chief Financial Officer Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguard the assets of the association through accurate and timely reporting, as well as risk mitigation.
- Provide guidance and support in creating, monitoring, and analyzing the budget.
- Ensure continual adherence to investment policy and maintain relationship with investment consultants.
- Manage working capital and cash flow.
- Review all data and reports to ensure information is complete and accurate.
- Project YTD revenue and expense for analysis and financial control.
- Monitor the appropriate functioning of the internal control procedures.
- Coordinate the annual independent audit verification of the financial records.
- Maintain all payroll and personnel records and assure accuracy and completeness.
- Oversee the maintenance and administration of association employee benefits programs.
- Prepare and provide financial reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee as requested.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee at the direction of
- Support Board of Directors and Executive Committee by providing requested information, reports, and materials such as agendas and Board books
- Communicate and coordinate with the Meeting Services Vice President, as it relates to finance and governance.
- Develop and manage the goal and performance evaluation processes for departmental staff of four.
- Project positive, professional image to NPCA staff, members, and external stakeholders.
- Oversee efficiency, accuracy, and processes in all areas of responsibility for the Association, as they relate to finance and administration.
- Oversee the functionality, accuracy, and maintenance of the membership database.
- Establish and manage relationships with association vendors that impact finance and audit, human resources, IT and multiple departments.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- BS degree in accounting or finance; CPA or advanced degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of accounting experience and professional-level working knowledge of all accounting functions.
- A high level of competency and understanding of financial management issues, and the ability to foster effective presentation and reporting of the same.
- Supervisory experience with teams of at least two.
- Excellent organization, planning, and administrative skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel overnight, via airplane, in the United States and Canada.
Personal Qualities and Competencies
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues and solve complex problems.
- A lifelong learner who demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement in pursuit of operational excellence.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Candidates from historically underrepresented and marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume (Microsoft Word® format preferred) here. The cover letter should outline how your experience fits the requirements of the position as this will be an important factor in considering your candidacy.
Sterling Martin Associates is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.